Friday, June 29, 2007

#4 Get out with Katie more

Some of the things I want to do are ongoing and must be reported on periodically. One of those things is wanting to get out with my 13-month-old daughter more often. Now that she is walking, she needs more stimulation and I need to get out of the house more. I've set a goal of getting out of the house with her at least 2 times per week when we weren't just doing an errand or going for exercise. I started a little late this week but despite several efforts, only managed to get out once this week. Today, Katie and I went to Playspace, a local children's museum, for an hour and a half. She had a great time and mommy came home exhausted! Next week, I'll try harder to get out twice.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Did you get a membership to Playspace? That place is awesome! Planet Child is supposed to be as awesome (and in Cary) but a little cleaner... I thought Playspace was clean enough.

PS. I think taking her to day care at the gym should count as getting out.

ElizabethS said...

Well, since I don't actually belong to a gym, I was talking more about her being in the stroller while I walk. The idea is that she and I do more things together, like a playgroup, or Playspace, especially in the afternoon which is becoming such a loooooooong and difficult time for us (canines coming in). Perhaps I should amend it to getting out 2 afternoons a week. :) She did have a good time at the Y nursery while I had my massage!