Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reasons behind the blog

This is my first (and perhaps last) attempt at a blog. I have gotten hooked on reading a friend's blogs and recently been inspired by her attempt to complete 100 tasks in 100 days (http://100things100days.blogspot.com/). As I mentioned in my profile, my husband and I have created a gargantuan "to do" list of things that need to get done around the house, for our photography business, etc. I have also decided that, in this second year of my daughter's life, it is important that I start adding back into my life some things that aren't strictly related to my child. I love her, she's amazing, but to be a good mom, I need to take care of me, the person, first and my marriage as well. To that end, my list includes some things that are not strictly "necessary" tasks. They are necessary for my sanity but not to keep the house clean, for example. Some of the tasks are ongoing and can't be done once on one day since they are either recurring or simply have an end date out of my control so I will keep you updated on the progress of those tasks as I go. You all are my conscience to keep me accountable to my list so that stuff keeps moving forward so feel free to poke if you haven't seen me in awhile!

At the moment I don't have the time or the wherewithal to complete 100 tasks in 100 days. After being home for most of a year with my daughter, I will hopefully be returning to work when teachers go back on August 17th. That leaves me about 45 days (give or take) and I've decided to try to accomplish 30 things in that time. We'll see how it goes. And if I turn out to be a terrible blogger, it will be a painlessly short period. :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm glad you joined in Elizabeth! You can do it :)